[ Screenshot | Download | Issues | Author ]
This is a tool to create a bootable Live USB stick from the running Ubuntu Live CD.
It was made in response to Ubuntu Brainstorm idea #16.
It performs the following actions:
- Detects available USB sticks (using HAL) and asks user which one to use
- Partitions USB stick with 1 partition
- Sets partition bootable
- Writes MBR to USB stick
- Formats partition FAT16
- Installs bootloader (syslinux) to partition
- Writes bootloader configuration file
- Copies necessary files from running Live CD to USB stick
- Sets language and keyboard of USB Live system to match running Live CD
- Optionally: Downloads and integrates Adobe Flash Player
Install the deb only when running from the Live CD.
Please ask questions, report bugs, give feedback and suggestions on #liveusb on freenode.
Please see the bug tracker.